What I am reading now

Monday, August 23, 2004

Benelli shooted like a machine....

Andrea Benelli of Italy won the gold medal in skeet shooting Sunday, beating Marko Kemppainen of Finland in an event that required two shoot-offs to determine the medals.

Benelli went a perfect 25-for-25 in the final round to tie Kemppainen with a score of 149. Juan Miguel Rodriguez of Cuba won a three-way shoot-off with Nasser Al-Attiya of Qatar and Shawn Dulohery of the United States for the bronze medal. The three had finished with 147 points.

Kemppainen scored a perfect 125 in qualifying, equaling a world record, but his lone miss in the final gave Benelli an opportunity.
After winning the shoot-off, Benelli ran joyfully around in front of the spectators with his arms raised. "It is a dream," Benelli said. "I was preparing for four years. I enjoyed the final. I can't describe my feelings. I was lucky in the shoot-off."


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails